Parish Social Ministry provides those in need among us with resources and support. Sr. Barbara, the Director of Parish Social Ministry, manages several programs throughout the year that bring our St. Stanislaus community together to serve others. The Food Cupboard, Christmas Gift Collection, blood drives, and the Rice Bowl programs are examples. If you would like to assist Sr. Barbara in this special work, or if you are in need of support, please contact her at 215-855-3133, extension 115, or email Sr. Barbara at Sr.Barbara@ststanislaus.com
Food Cupboard Collections
Collections take place on the first weekend of the month, every month. Please see the weekly Bulletin prior to collection weeks to learn what items are most needed.
We CANNOT accept the following items:
- Baby items – Catholic Social Services in Norristown can really use them!
- Outdated or opened food items – we cannot give these out and we must then dispose of it & the local bird sanctuary no longer takes them!
- Over-sized products or packages – we find they are not taken and remain on our shelves;
- Any sugared items where healthier substitutes are available: juices, jams, cereals, snacks, etc.;
- Prepared rice – people seem to prefer plain rice as the prepared rice boxes remain on our shelves