The Pastoral Council is a consultative body convened to foster full participation and collaboration of the entire parish in the life and mission of the parish and of the Universal Church. This is accomplished by:
• Planning, developing and recommending parish pastoral plans
• Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing parish programs
• Reflecting on Archdiocesan pastoral priorities and recommending how they can be implemented in our parish
• Recommending policies, procedures and programs to assist in the implementation of our mission statement and parish pastoral plan
• Informing the pastor of the needs, concerns, gifts and resources of our parish
The pastor presides over the Council which is composed of elected and appointed parishioners and parish staff members appointed by the pastor.
Altar & Rosary Society
The Altar & Rosary Society is open to all Catholic parishioners. It’s purpose is to foster devotion to the Rosary, and to provide care and upkeep of the Altar and all things pertaining to the Sanctuary. The Society meets in the Parish Center on the third Monday of the month from September through June at 7:45 p.m.
Catholic Charities Phone-a-thon
Volunteers telephone parishioners during the first two weeks in May, requesting financial donations for the annual Catholic Charities Appeal. Telephones in the Parish Center are used in this endeavor.
This ministry adjusts the decorum of the Church to coincide with the Liturgical Year. Special decorating occurs during Advent and Lent.
This group of parishioners helps maintain and beautify the grounds of the church spring, summer and fall.
This committee hosts monthly socials after Mass and works on special events throughout the year.
The newsletter committee publishes NewStan, our parish newsletter, quarterly. This group conducts interviews, writes and edits the articles.
Parish Center Receptionists
Our Parish Center is staffed daily with adult volunteers and paid high school students who answer the phones, greet visitors and handle general clerical work like sorting mail and recording requests for Masses and flowers.
For information on these organizations, call Pam Mohl at the Parish Center, 215-855-3133.